Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Just Because

I needed a card that had no specific occasion so I thought this sentiment would work great.  And because I needed it right away, I wanted it clean and simple so I found the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #229.  Got a little help with the color combo from the TGIF Challenge #115.

Card Base:  Very Vanilla CS cut 4-1/4" x 11"; score at 5-1/2".  The sentiment from the Vertical Greetings  stamp set was stamped in Tranquil Tide ink and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.

Image Layer:  To get the background on the Watercolor Paper, I dragged the Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst ink pads onto Clear Block E.  It was spritzed with water and laid over the 
paper.  I let it sit for a while so the inks would spread out.  After it dried, I heat embossed the image from the Vertical Greetings stamp set with Versamark and Black Embossing Powder.  I rounded the corners with the reverse punch on the Envelope Punch Board.  It was matted with a piece of Tranquil Tide CS and attached to the card with Fast Fuse.

The Finishing Touch:  To perk up this simple card, I added a bow made with Lemon Lime Twist 1/4" Ombre Ribbon and used Glue Dots to attach it to the image.

This was a quick and easy card; just perfect when you're in a rush.  I appreciate your visit today.  Hope you stop by again.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
 

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Pretty background! The heat-embossed black plant looks striking against the bright Berry Burst & Lemon Lime Twist. Hideko